Monday, January 07, 2008

Fire Hazard Precautions...

Click on Picture for link to URL location of Original Picture


I have just recently purchased a rope to be able to escape though my window, into the street... I realized that, this little idea could also be useful to others... Basically, I believe everyone should own one, even in houses*. Mostly in case of a Fire, or also in case of a "Psycho" incident, if you decide to do the classic run up the stairs instead of a smarter alternative... Anyway, basically, buy a good solid rope of approximately the same length as the height of from your window to the ground, and then add a meter or more, depending on how many floors up your window is... The extra length is so that you can tie a knot approximately every foot, to use as grip notches... Also make sure that there is somewhere you can tie the rope to, either, a radiator, or the balustrade of your window... If you don't have either, I guess... Forget it... Or... Install some sort of strong Latch to serve the same purpose...

Well... That's about it... Just thought others than me would find the Escape Rope Device a helpful idea...


...

No comments: